Saturday, September 3, 2011

Leadership Development Goals and Objectives

I have never been very good at being a "leader".  My entire life I have followed others' instructions and went along with ideas but never really stepped up to the plate with my own.  In the class setting, I have always abhorred group work; I always wanted to rely on others to start discussions and to lead them.  I have, however, been known to take charge when no one else did. 

This semester I hope to accomplish quite a few things.  The text Leadership: Theory and Practice by Peter G. Northouse discusses different traits, skills and styles that make up a good leader.  Of these I wish to be able to gain more self-confidence and sociability in the leadership field.  I also would like to ditch my insecurities at work and in my social life so that I am more able to accomplish these goals. 

I found an inspiring video on YouTube that is a brief compilation of leadership quotes and qualities.  This video pretty much sums up how I would like to be able to view myself after the completion of this semester.


No comments:

Post a Comment